American Psychological Association's 121st Annual Convention; Honolulu, Hawaii.
Wednesday, July 31st - Sunday, August 4th, 2013.
1. Awarding of a Posthumous APA Award to Albert Ellis PhD for Outstanding Lifetime Contributions To Psychology at the Opening Session of the Convention.
Thursday, August 1st, 2013, 12 noon to 2pm, in the Ballroom of the Hawaii Convention Center.
Dr Donald Bersoff, 2013 President of the APA, will present the award during a tribute to Dr. Ellis celebrating the 100th anniversary of the year of his birth.
Past recipients of this most prestigious award have included Drs. Albert Bandura, B.F. Skinner, Kenneth B. Clark, Herb Simon, Daniel Kahneman and other distinguished psychologists.
Dr Debbie Joffe Ellis will accept the award on behalf of her late husband, and give a brief acceptance talk.
2. "Honoring Albert Ellis In This Centennial Year Of His Birth".
Symposium Participants and Titles of their Presentations:-
* Jon Carlson, PsyD, EdD: "Honoring Albert Ellis"
* Danny Wedding, PhD: "Honoring Albert Ellis"
* Stanley Krippner, PhD: "Albert Ellis: Humanist & Activist"
* Frank Farley, PhD & past APA President: "Albert Ellis: Friend, Icon, Risk-Taker, World-Changer, Forever Engraved on Psychology's Mt. Rushmore"
* Dr Debbie Joffe Ellis: " Albert Ellis: Mentor, Model and Beloved Partner".
* Chair of session: Nancy L. Murdock PhD.
For Information go to APA Website: www.apa.org